From: Adrian CAPDEFIER <adriancapdefier@×××××××.ro>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Brutal force attack
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 21:24:19
1 Pe data de Luni 06 Decembrie 2004 21:12, Luigi Pinna a scris:
2 > I read now from my logs that there is someone who try to login in my
3 > computer.
4 > He uses always dynamic ip address or in every case he changes his ip
5 > everyday.
6 > What can I do?
7 > I have all the ip but it is first time that I see an attack versus me
8 > Thanks for the tips
9 > Luigi
10
11 is he doing that using ssh? If your computer is not a public server where
12 people expect to connect on port 22 then you can alter the port to say 2222.
13 One of the best security measures around :). You could also disable password
14 logins and go for key-based authentification (assuming this doesn't restrict
15 you in some way)
16
17 Good luck.
18