From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT samba] mapping win user to root in smbusers
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 03:43:18
1 When installing samba from portage one ends up with a smbusers file in
2 /etc/samba that contains (in part):
3
4 root = administrator admin
5
6 Which would seem to indicate that windows user administrator or admin
7 will be mapped to root on the linux shares.
8
9 I wanted to extend that to my win user harry. Its a single user
10 network so I wanted to map win user harry to linux root. It would
11 appear I could do:
12
13 root = administrator admin harry
14
15 But doing that has not given win user harry, root privs on linux
16 shares.
17
18 I do realize the security implications but many of the usual reasons
19 for not logging on as root will not apply to a single user setup and
20 then some more will fall when it is known that win user harry will
21 rarely access really sensitive areas of the linux machine but more
22 likely need some mundate write to etc, usr/local or the like.
23
24 Are there any samba users here who can steer me toward getting this to
25 work?
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list