From: "Jesús J. Guerrero Botella" <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] slideshow on USB stick
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 07:26:23
1 All dvd-slideshow and co. do is to resize images (that's a one liner with
2 imagemagick's convert tool) and then join them to compose a video file,
3 muxing it with the chosen audio tracks. You can easily do that with ffmpeg,
4 mencoder or some similar tool of your choice if the menu-driven program
5 doesn't let you bypass the dvd size limit.
6
7 A video file is the most universal format you can get, unless you want to
8 relly on the tv native player capabilities to do a slideshow, which would
9 also be just fine since any tv that has an usb port can for sure do
10 slideshows as well.
13 2012/12/19 Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
14
15 > Is it possible to create slide show (pictures) on USB stick and play on a
16 > TV?
17 >
18 > In the past I've used "dvd-slideshow" but that is a bit of work. I had to
19 > re-size the pictures add background music etc.
20 > DVD only holds 4GB USB sticks have larger capacity.
21 >
22 > --
23 > Joseph
29 Jesús Guerrero Botella