From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: tensorflow-2.5.0-r1 compilation failed
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2021 18:06:33
1 сб, 16 окт. 2021 г. в 20:40, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 9:50 AM gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > To make things worse, I've got an "Illegal instruction (core dumped)"
6 > > error after installing and trying to run tensorflow from Ubuntu 20.04
7 > > which is installed on the same computer.
10 > What processor by chance are you using. Probably a year back
11 > Google started requiring processors with AVX2 and FMA instructions.
12 >
13 > I can no longer run it on my Intel i7 980 Extreme unless I build from
14 > source which is just too painful. It's the main reason I'm starting
15 > to finally plan a new machine purchase.
16 >
17 > cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep flags
18
19 I have googled and also think that the above error on Ubuntu 20.04 is
20 due to the old processor.
21 I have an AMD Phenom II X4 processor on that computer. The main
22 problem, however, is that
23 I get an error when compiling tensorflow in Gentoo.
24
25 The CPU flags are the following: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8
26 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht
27 syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow
28 constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid pni monitor
29 cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a
30 misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt hw_pstate vmmcall npt
31 lbrv svm_lock nrip_save