From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] File merge tool
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:27:36
1 Roy Wright schrieb:
2 > kdiff3 is my favorite graphical merge tool (hey, even have it running on
3 > my macbook).
4 >
5 > On Jul 22, 2009, at 2:49 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
6 >
7 >> Summary:
8 >> Any suggestions for a file merge tool?
9 >>
10 >> Details:
11 >>
12 >> I'd like to try just actually manually merging bookmarks.html files
13 >> from different computers. Diff and Patch seem kind of hard or maybe
14 >> impossible to use for this.
15 >>
16 >> If you have identical parts in different places they will just keep
17 >> adding up... no way to weed out duplication.
18 >>
19 >> If there anything that can do that or at least help me do it.
20 >>
21 >> I'm not talking about bookmark merge/storage things like Xmarks or
22 >> foxmarks. My files are not so large that I couldn't do it by hand
23 >> but would need some smart helper tool.
30 Along time I used tkdiff and it worked really fine, since yesterday I
31 swapped to the new package diffuse, which is actually the same in gtk.
32
33 justin