From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nano in install-amd64-minimal-20121013.iso broken?
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 18:35:09
Hi,
I'm installing new host, following Gentoo Linux AMD64 Handbook.
Right now I am in the chapter "5.d Configuring Compile Options".

It says:

"...Fire up your favorite editor (in this guide we use nano) so we
can alter the optimization variables we will discuss hereafter..."

So I fired up my favourite editor:

livecd gentoo # nano -w /mnt/gentoo/etc/portage/make.conf
nano: error while loading shared libraries: libmagic.so.1:
livecd gentoo #

So what am I supposed to do now? Seems to me nano is broken...

Jarry