From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aRTs is driving me nuts!
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 22:16:18
1 On Monday 26 March 2007 22:38, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > On Monday 26 March 2007 21:34, Mick wrote:
4 > > The thing is that neither of them have arts in their USE flags. I am not
5 > > I understand what is happening here.
6 >
7 > kde-base/noatun-3.5.5 currently has an unconditional runtime
8 > dependency on kde-base/arts (at least that's what the ebuild
9 > metadata currently specifies). If that package can build and run
10 > without arts, then the unconditional dependency can be converted to
11 > a conditional dependency that is controlled by the arts USE flag.
12
13 I'm convinced that I am too tired to understand this because I noticed I have
14 been missing out words in my response (sorry!). Would you mind simplifying
15 it for me?
16
17 I have rebuilt noatune and krec with "-arts" set in make.conf. Does this
18 change the dependencies they have on arts? Or is it "unconditional" in the
19 sense that noatune *always* depends on kde-base/arts no matter what I set
20 in /etc/make.conf? If that's the case I'll just unmerge noatune and forget
21 about it.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick