From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] The saga of the missing Logitech drivers
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:07:29
1 On 1/2/20 1:42 am, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >     I posted something a few days ago about middle click of a mouse not
4 > working. In investigating this, I think I have come across something a
5 > bit dodgy.
6 >
7 [snip]
8
9 Well this problems is solved. As someone pointed out, Jack both times,
10 it was related to things not being set. To expose the Logitech drivers
11 you need INPUT, HID and LEDS_CLASS all set. If you don't then Logitech
12 will disappear.
13
14 I'm sure that in the past I've had to enable things and when I tried to
15 select them, I couldn't and then a look in the help indicated something
16 else needed to be enabled - enable it and I could subsequent select. In
17 this case, the thing, LOGITECH was not even displayed. As to whether
18 this is new behaviour or not, can't select Vs hidden, I don't know.
19 Menuconfig is an absolute mess and, is it too much to ask for
20 alphabetical order, and the less that I need to interact with it the better.
21
22 Thanks for those who offered help,
23
24 Andrew