From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] ethereal dies abruptly
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 03:28:05
Hello,

Ethereal use to work perfectly. Recently I upgraded to the newest
(portage) version of Ethereal. Now, when I terminate a capture
session, the entire Ethereal application dies off. Is there
a bug (I could not find) or did the default configuration change
or did I miss something that I need to configure, to keep the
Ethereal application running even after capture terminations?

If I try to restart a live running sessoin, it dies too. The previous
(portage) version of ethereal did not behave like this?

Is there a config file or somewhere in the ebuild I could check the
settings upon initialization?  Nothing I've found in the man pages
or /usr/share/ethereal/help  seems prevent  this crashing after
a capture session is terminated....

puzzled.

James