From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vlc wants mozilla - but I don't
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 19:50:48
1 On 7/9/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > since a -rX update some days ago vlc wants to install mozilla-firefox.
5 >
6 > But I don't!
7
8 Previous versions of vlc would satisfy the nsplugin dependancy with
9 gecko-sdk, which is now masked. The updated version depends on either
10 seamonkey or mozilla-firefox (depending upon the seamonkey useflag)
11 when you have USE=nsplugin.
12
13 So your options are:
14
15 USE=-nsplugin : no dependancy on mozilla-firefox or seamonkey
16 USE="nsplugin seamonkey" : dependancy on seamonkey
17 USE=nsplugin : dependancy on mozilla-firefox
18
19 You can also file a bug that the nsplugin dependancy should be
20 satisfied by mozilla-firefox-bin as well. I'm not sure that
21 mozilla-firefox-bin is actually sufficient to configure vlc with
22 --enable-mozilla=firefox, but that should be easy enough to determine.
23
24 -Richard
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list