From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS issues.
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:49:34
1 On Jul 1, 2009, at 9:53 AM, Andrew MacKenzie wrote:
2
3 > Two questions:
4 > How do I fix the shutdown sequence to unmount NFS drives before the
5 > network
6 > is shutdown?
7 >
8 > How do I tell NFS to simply give-up after X attempts (for other
9 > times when
10 > the NFS server simply may not be there anymore and I *just want the
11 > friggin' computer to shudown*)?
14 verify that both your nfs and net service are at the same run level:
15
16 royw-gentoo etc # rc-update show | grep nfs
17 nfs | default
18 royw-gentoo etc # rc-update show | grep net
19 net.eth2 | default
20 netmount | default
21 local | nonetwork default
22 net.lo | boot
23
24 Also you might consider using autofs. I have two gentoo and one kubuntu
25 systems all cross sharing nfs mounts using nfs without any issues.
26
27 HTH,
28 Roy