From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Copying/Moving a file in KDE - is the preview missing
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 09:42:53
1 Hi all,
2 Under KDE, which I use, when you go to move/copy a file and it
3 already exists in the destination, you get a dialogue pop up with a
4 heading of "File already exists", it says in the dialogue "Source" and
5 "Destination" with the respective paths underneath then underneath that
6 a big expanse of nothing then below that some stuff including the
7 Overwrite/Skip/Cancel buttons.
8
9 My question relate to the expanse of nothingness. For example, if I'm
10 moving/copying image files, should there be a preview of the two files
11 in this nothingness? Is there some USE flag I've stuffed up that has
12 disabled this. This happens, in my experience with Dolphin and Gwenview,
13 but I'm assuming they both use a standard Qt/KDE dialogue so others
14 probably display this behaviour as well.
15
16 Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
17
18 Andrew