From: Raymond Lewis Rebbeck <dystopianray@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Restart network interfaces over SSH
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:31:16
1 On Saturday, 29 July 2006 18:50, Todor Pirov wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I have the following script which exchanges the IPs of two network
4 > adapters:
5 >
6 > [code]
7 > #!/bin/bash
8 >
9 > /usr/bin/cp /etc/conf.d/net-2 /etc/conf.d/net;
10 > /etc/init.d/net.eth1 stop;
11 > /etc/init.d/net.eth0 restart;
12 > /etc/init.d/net.eth1 start
13 > [/code]
14 >
15 > and a similar one with "/usr/bin/cp /etc/conf.d/net-1 /etc/conf.d/net;" in
16 > it to restore the original situation. In net-1 and net-2 config files the
17 > IPs of eth0 and eth1 are substituted.
18 > The problem is that when I run the script from eth1 via SSH it stops
19 > executing when the interface stops. If it is ran from eth0 it executes
20 > normally. Is there a way to tell bash not to stop executing commands if
21 > connection is broken or some more convenient gentoo-style way to exchange
22 > the IPs from SSH. TIA
23 >
24 > Todor
25
26 How about running the script in a screen session?
29 Raymond Lewis Rebbeck
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list