From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] can't build gnome 3.2 (3.0 was ok)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:33:28
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu> wrote:
2 > For me, gnome 3.2 has been quite a regression over 3.0.
3
4 Weird; for me it works so much better than 3.0.
5
6 > Summary:
7 >
8 > gdm-3.2.0-r1 crashes and when I revert to the 3.0 gdm, I get to the
9 > login screen but then gnome-shell crashes.  I tried to downgrade to
10 > gnome-shell-3.0.2-r1, but that needs libgnome-menu, which is not in
11 > portage/layman.
12 >
13 > The crash of gdm is described in bug #385525.
14 >
15 > The crash of gnome-shell is described in the following .xsession-errors
16 > file (tracker-miner-fs.log and tracker-store.log are empty).
17 >
18 > any help would be appreciated.
19 > allan
20
21 Are you running the updated git of gnome-overlay? I had troubles with
22 gnome-settings-daemon until a couple of days.
23
24 Can you try to start GNOME with a clean config (no ~/.config, no
25 ~/.local, no ~/.gconf, no ~/.gnome*). Just backup your current config
26 and remove it from $HOME, or try to start GNOME with a dummy new user.
27 Also, in my case, having gnome-shell extensions installed caused me
28 problems when upgrading.
29
30 Regards.
31 --