From: Nistor Andrei <coder.tux@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] convert rpm to ebuild
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:49:11
1 On Thursday 10 May 2007, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I thought this question would be quiet common but I've been unable to get
5 > an answer googling and looking through howtos. Actually there are some
6 > links in an old thread on forums.gentoo.org but its target seems to have
7 > moved.
8 >
9 > Anyway, how do I install packages in .rpm or .deb without messing up
10 > portage? Is there something like "alien"?
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance
13 > Florian Philipp
16 Just a thought... I think you could use alien to convert the rpm to a tar.gz,
17 then use "emerge /path/to/whatever.tar.gz". (IIRC that's a way you can
18 install a binary package...). That should make portage aware of the package
19 being installed, but I think that you must install the deps by hand...
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list