From: Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switch to Unicode
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 16:31:20
1 On Monday, 6. August 2007, alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
2 > I'm a french man. As such, I use iso-8859-15 encoding system wide w/o
3 > problem.
4 >
5 > Few questions:
6 > - Should I switch to UTF-8 ?
7 > - Why ?
8 >
9 > - Any known problems related to this migration ?
10 >
11 > As usual, I found a gentoo.org doc about it & will use it if necessary, but
12 > I'd like some users feedback.
13 >
14 > Be happy.
15 >
16 > --
17 > ~adj~
18
19 I did the switch with no big problem, but I regularely receive mail (in French
20 or German) where I have to change the encoding in kmail to get the correct
21 caracters.
22
23 I don't know if this is rather a problem of the sender or of kmail not
24 identifying the encoding correctly (the setting is set to "auto-detect".
25
26 Thierry
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list