From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 14:01:50
1 On 13/12/17 00:02, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >> and Windows has this infuriating habit of
3 >> > ignoring my command to shutdown, instead suspending to disk. As my
4 >> > Windows partitions automount in linux, this causes the mount to fail,
5 >> > and systemd won't boot the system. So I spend/waste half an hour trying
6 >> > to force Windows to shut down properly!
7
8 > Can't you change this with fstab settings. I see a similar behaviour when
9 > trying t mount NFS shares that aren't there, but it gives up trying after
10 > 90s and gets on with booting the computer.
11
12 I've tried ...
13
14 Systemd and mounting anything other than local linux hard drives gives
15 me a migraine ...
16
17 Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget about drives it can't
18 mount while booting. Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget
19 about drives it can't access while shutting down. Yes I *should* be able
20 to tell it to do what I want, but it seems that no matter what I tell
21 it, it randomly refuses to boot or shut down because of a hiccup with a
22 Windows or network mount :-(
23
24 And worse, every fix for one problem simply causes a different problem!
25
26 Cheers,
27 Wol