From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM, /usr and really really bad thoughts.
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:29:18
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 10 Mar 2012 04:30:41 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I've seen that if you switch to ~arch and make wholesale USE flag
5 >>> changes. I think I avoided most of it by switching arch, doing emerge
6 >>> -e system or world and then changing USE flags.
7 >
8 >> I even tried USE="-*" emerge -e system and it just griped. I have also
9 >> tried to upgrade one package at a time. Each one complains about some
10 >> other package.
11 >
12 > USE="-*" is horrible. Leave the USE flags as they were in the stage 3,
13 > rebuild as needed then switch back, probably piecemeal, to what you want.
18 Yea, each thing has its negatives. It doesn't like the default USE line
19 either tho. < sighs > I'm getting a BIGGER hammer.
20
21 Right now, it won't even install gentoolkit. Weird.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
29 how you interpreted my words!
30
31 Miss the compile output? Hint:
32 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"