From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to extend the tmux status 'title' for each pane or window
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 10:34:26
1 On Tuesday 03 Jun 2014 15:16:56 Stroller wrote:
2 > On Tue, 3 June 2014, at 6:59 am, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >> …
4 > >> I have:
5 > >>
6 > >> …
7 > >> status-left "#[fg=blue]#T"
8 > >> …
9 > >> status-right "#[fg=blue][#S]"
10 > >> …
11 > >
12 > > Thanks Stroller,
13 > >
14 > > On the left status bar I see this:
15 > >
16 > > [0] 0:bash*
17 > >
18 > > with one window open. As I create more windows it adds to it like so:
19 > >
20 > > [0] 0:bash 1:bash- 2:bash*
23 > > The right hand side shows the prompt, or command being run, but not all
24 > > of it if it is too long.
25 > >
26 > > …
27 > > status-left "[#S]"
28 > > …
29 > > status-right ""#22T" %H:%M %d-%b-%y"
30 >
31 > It looks to me like I've merely swapped left and right panes because,
32 > presumably, I thought it looked better that way.
33 >
34 > And I've removed the clock - that's one way you could reclaim some screen
35 > space.
36
37 Right, on my default setup the clock is on the right, the number of windows on
38 the left and the title in the middle.
39
40 As is the title shows:
41
42 "root@compaq:/usr/src/l"
43
44 instead of "root@compaq:/usr/src/linux". This is what I mean of it being cut
45 short.
48 [snip ...]
49 > As I say, I don't seem to be firing on all cylinders right now, but it
50 > doesn't look to me like the "commands being run" are shown where you say
51 > they are, not on the far right, at least.
52 >
53 > I think they're shown in the *middle* section of the status bar.
54
55 Yes, they are shown in the middle, but on a 82x25 pixel terminal the title is
56 displayed about 2/3 towards the right of the status bar, right against the
57 clock. See attached screenshot.
58
59 Running tmux set -g status-right "#32T" removed the clock and increased the
60 real estate for the title bar.
61
62 Thanks again Stroller.
65 Regards,