From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] User can mount/umount but not write to top the new drive
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 22:47:38
1 On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 14:23:13 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> > [2] With Windows filesystem, there are mount options to set the
5 >> > default ownership, but that is a workaround for the differences
6 >> > between Linux and Windows metadata.
7 >
8 >> Thanks Neil. I guess that unless we figure out Canek's uid/gid options
9 >> I'll stick with chown, etc.
10 >
11 > The uid and gid options don't apply to ext? filesystems. Have another
12 > look at the man page and you'll see they are only listed for some
13 > non-Linux filesystems, in order to make them compatible with Linux
14 > ownerships and permissions.
15
16 Wouldn't it at least apply to the / mount point? (Which is the only
17 one at issue here, anyway...)
20 :wq