From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recover on SSD
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 05:29:39
1 Gregory Shearman wrote:
2 > In linux.gentoo.user, Dale wrote:
3 >> Randolph Maaßen wrote:
4 >>> I'm so damn lucky
5 >>>
6 >>> I dd'ed the SSD onto an external drive and worked at first on the
7 >>> image with qemu. A simple recreation of the partition brought the
8 >>> system back to live on the image. I tried the same on the real machine
9 >>> and Gentoo works again.
10 >> Allow me to introduce what is likely the luckiest computer user there
11 >> is. Here he is: Randolph Maaßen
12 >>
13 >> If that was me, I would have lost everything on there.
14 > But you'd lose everything on there with style, Dale.
15 >
16 > I don't trust any machine and therefore have multiple backups in
17 > different places. I haven't lost anything.... yet.
21 I have backups of the things I really need. I do that to run off the
22 evil spirits if nothing else. We all know by now that if you don't have
23 backups, you will wish you did. It never fails.
24
25 Dale
26
30 P. S. I updated to grub2. Yeppie!!!! There is a Gentoo wiki that lets
31 you chain load with the old grub to make sure everything works. Since
32 it worked for me, must be fool proof right? ;?
35 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!