From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: X segfault with nvidia-drivers-295.40 on GT520
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 14:41:13
1 On 05/03/2012 04:22 PM, Michael Mol wrote:
2 >> It'd be interesting to understand why I'm getting the segfault with the
3 >> 295.40, but being a closed driver I suppose there is little I can diagnose.
4 >
5 > Emerge with --ggdb3, enable core dumps (I forget the particular
6 > sysctl, sorry), and open up the core dump in gdb. At the very least,
7 > you might get something interesting if the segfault happens in a stack
8 > frame belonging to an open-source function a closed blob links to, or
9 > if the segfault happens in a pure portion of the stack.
10 >
11 > (For example, on my broken boxes, the stack hadn't gotten into
12 > application-specific portions; it was still trying to get into the
13 > general CRT prologue code.)
14
15 X prints a backtrace when it segfaults and I saw some nvidia_* stuff I
16 *think* at the top of the stack. I'll re-check and possibly try your
17 suggestion.
18
19 raffaele