From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone ever emerged dev-libs/boost with FEATURES="test" and finished?
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 08:04:17
1 On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:11:02 +1000, Lie Ryan wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, I've been thinking about this for some time that turning on
4 > FEATURES="test" globally seems quite impractical for many users
5
6 FEATURES=test is not meant to be used by users, it is a developer
7 setting, and they would only enable it for packages they maintain and
8 then only when they ant to run the tests.
9
10 > Due to this problem, I think portage could have a test policy feature so
11 > people can have finer control to filter out test suites that they don't
12 > want to run. This way globally FEATURES="test" can be more feasible for
13 > most users (and probably can sometime be turned on by default).
14
15 You can set features on a per-package basis by putting FEATURES="blah"
16 into /etc/portage/env/category/package.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Pepperami. Its a bit of an animal.
23 What animal & what bit?