From: allan gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] scanning using the sheet feeder (HP 8600 + xsane)
Date: Sun, 07 May 2017 02:29:51
1 On Sat, May 06 2017, Adam Carter wrote:
4 >> I received many helpful replies, each of which recommend a tool other
5 >> than sane. Is the point that sane can't use the document feeder or just
6 >> that you prefer (or simply have used) other tools.
7 >>
8 > $ qfile /usr/bin/scanimage
9 > media-gfx/sane-backends (/usr/bin/scanimage)
10 >
11 > And xsane depends on sane-backends, so you already have it.
12 >
13 > In my case i haven't investigated other tools.
14
15 xscan is essentially the gui version of scanimage.
16 So I had the same trouble with scanimage. It would only do one page
17 from the document tray.
18
19 I had looked at the xscan docs before but didn't solve the problem.
20 This time I looked some other docs and looked at the buttons on the gui
21 and it seems I should have set the number of pages.
22
23 Anyway it now works! The only problem is that the max resolution for
24 multipage using the ADT is 300 dpi. Using the flatbed you can go much
25 higher.
26
27 Thank you all, this will prove very useful and will save considerable
28 time in doing multipage docs.
29
30 allan