From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Eeek: many open ports
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:49:25
1 On Monday 13 December 2010 13:08:18 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > Eeek!!
3 >
4 > Just fooling around with some software on my laptop, I found that my Gentoo
5 > desktop has an even dozen open inet ports with something listening to them,
6 > in addition to the ones I would expect (25, 80 and so on).
7 > They are all in the range 32768-60000.
8 >
9 > Netstat agrees that they're open but does not disclose which process is
10 > listening.
11 >
12 > Does anybody know how to find this out?
13 >
14 > ++ kevin
15
16 let someone from the outside scan your box. That way you get much more
17 reliable results.
18
19 Like this:
20 http://www.heise.de/security/dienste/Netzwerkcheck-2114.html