From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Locale generation and keymaps for cross compiliation?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 22:09:39
1 On 12/13/2012 11:58, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a Raspberry Pi. I have gone through the cross development guides
5 > on gentoo.org and my barebones distro (consisting of chrony, sshd, bash)
6 > is ready (all I did is armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge
7 > --root=/mnt/sdcard baselayout bash openssh chrony) which is of course
8 > after setting up the toolchain using crossdev.
9 >
10 > Now the problem is, since I'm on amd64 box (and don't have an ARM
11 > emulator), how do I generate the locale [without using an ARM emulator]?
12 > Also, how to go about keymaps? /usr/share/keymaps seems to be missing in
13 > the tree and equery returned no packages owning those files.
16 I have been wondering the same thing. If you find the answer, please
17 share it.
18
19 Incidentally, have you been able to boot the system you created as
20 described? I am working on a very similar setup, but I haven't been able
21 to get bash to work. It complains that it can't find libgcc_s.so.1, and
22 I don't want to install GCC on my Raspberry Pi.
23
24 Regards,
27 ♫Dustin