From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: ubuntu-users@××××××××××××.com, debian-user@××××××××××××.org, dng@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Yes: The linux devs can rescind their license grant. GPLv2 is a bare license and is revocable by the grantor.
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 20:39:57
In Reply to: [gentoo-user] Re: Yes: The linux devs can rescind their license grant. GPLv2 is a bare license and is revocable by the grantor. by vsnsdualce@memeware.net
1 This was cross posted so many places I have to preface: I got here
2 from the Gentoo list. If this only makes it to the crossposter forward
3 or follow up on the information as you see fit.
4
5 The post is crass but still has technical merit. More importantly he
6 seems to be right, the idea that the grantees can't rescind their
7 grant is pretty strange. I'm allowed to change my mind, and you have
8 no claim to my labor if you didn't pay for it, nor can you make me
9 work for free.
10