From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SystemRescueCD with nonm
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:28:33
1 On Tuesday, 1 January 2019 11:41:10 GMT Alarig Le Lay wrote:
2 > On mar. 1 janv. 10:29:11 2019, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > Yes, but first you have to loop-mount the .iso, which I can't do for some
4 > > reason; I get Operation not permitted. I've tried the iso and the CD I
5 > > burned from it, with the same result.
6 >
7 > app-admin/systemrescuecd-x86 has a useflag isohybrid (Pass downloaded
8 > images through isohybrid in order to make it possible to copy them
9 > directly to USB media and boot (requires sys-boot/syslinux at build
10 > time).)
11 >
12 > Did you try that?
13
14 I missed that - thanks. (Things are progressively harder to read these days.)
15
16 It worked, too, and the BIOS found the USB stick and put it at the head of the
17 list of bootable devices.
18
19 I still can't loop-mount the iso though, either before or after running
20 isohybrid. That's a problem for another day though; when the new SSD arrives
21 for the Atom box I can set about building a new system, complete with email
22 service (hah!).
25 Regards,
26 Peter.