From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Touchscreens under linux
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 00:57:17
1 On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 22:29 +0200, Timo Boettcher wrote:
2
3 > If I understand correctly, the touchscreen is (if used correctly) just
4 > another way to control the mouse pointer. Is that right?
5
6 yes. when you touch, the mouse moves to, and clicks at that location.
7 You usually have an option to use right clicks. Depending on the
8 driver, dragging and other more complicated mouse features may be a bit
9 more tricky. Similar to using a touchpad.
10
11 Some newer tablet PC's (ie. Toshiba, not sure about others) actually
12 have a special pen which moves the mouse without touching the screen -
13 you just hover over the screen and the mouse moves, then touch to get a
14 click.
15
16 > Do I have to use X to use the touchscreen, or can I use it with gpm or
17 > SDL?
18
19 nope, AFAIR it will work like any mouse. There's not much you can do
20 without X though is there? Unless you have a keyboard, and then why not
21 have a mouse as well?
22
23 HTH,
27 People that can't find something to live for always seem to find something to
28 die for. The problem is, they usually want the rest of us to die for it too.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list