From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recompile Gentoo Environemnet
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 02:07:32
1 Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > Hello Everyone,
3 >
4 > what emerge parameters recompiles everything in my gentoo environment
5 > afer changing use flags
6 >
7 > emerge --update --deep --/newuse/ world?
8 >
9 > I issued a
10 > emerge -e world
13 > and I saw it was installing 450 things so I ctrl+c the process, did I kill everything.
14 >
15 > Anyhow I would like to recompile everything existing in the environment in the safest manner.
19 > Thanks in Advanced,
20 > Ninus.
23 If you just changed the USE flags then yes, a emerge -DN world should
24 work. The -N is the key part there. I like to add in the -D just to
25 make sure the packes those use are recompiled if needed as well.
26 Usually I run emerge -uvDN world which will also catch any upgrades as
27 well.
28
29 ctrl=c should kill the entire process.
30
31 Dale
32