From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing KDE...Again.... (Now at howto install kde)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 20:11:09
1 On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:08:11 +0100, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > I'm also running ~x86, and kdelibs and kdebase-kioslaves 3.5.0 (the
4 > packages I'm having problems with) are currently installed. But if I do
5 > an emerge -uaD(N)tv world, krusader (because it is compiled with
6 > konqueror support, so it depends on Konq), and something else I forget
7 > (oh, it was knowit, but I uninstalled that, in an effort to solve this
8 > problem), demand to upgrade kdelibs and kioslaves to the masked
9 > versions (which should not be available).
10
11 That's odd. Krusader doesn't want anything masked here.
12
13 # emerge krusader -pv
14
15 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
16
17 Calculating dependencies ...done!
18 [ebuild N ] kde-misc/krusader-1.70.0_beta2 USE="-arts -debug -javascript kde -xinerama" 0 kB
19
20 Are you sure you don't have any KDE packages in package.unmask?
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Please rotate your phone 90 degrees and try again.