From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 3.5.10 in portage...
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:54:47
1 On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:42:09 +0100, David Leverton wrote:
2
3 > > I didn't say they were.You're never going to convince Volker, but you
4 > > may well have succeeded in discouraging others from try Paludis.
5 >
6 > On what grounds? "The Paludis developers don't like being lied about,
7 > therefore I won't use Paludis"?
8
9 Because you attitude was abrasive and antagonistic. Remember, you may
10 have been responding to one person, but you were sending your mail to
11 everyone. Read Bo's response for an example of a way to make the point
12 far more clearly in a single, reasoned email with no ad hominem attacks.
13
14 > I don't think the sort of person who
15 > would use that logic (presumably someone who intends to lie about the
16 > developers of his package manager) is the kind of person we want as a
17 > user anyway.
18
19 I rest my case.
23 Neil Bothwick