From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT router advice] a router capable of detailed logs
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 06:10:22
1 On Monday 25 April 2011 23:23:07 Jake Moe wrote:
2 > I haven't followed this entire thread, but is there any chance this
3 > isn't really a "Cisco" device as you know it, but a rebranded
4 > "Linksys"? After seeing a picture of the device, and reading that it's
5 > a "Small Business" router, I'd suspect it's a device that came out of
6 > their acquisition of Linksys. That'd explain the different config style
7 > you're seeing.
8
9 Snap!
10
11 I was about to say that from what Harry's describing this is more of a cheaper
12 'cisco appliance' than a cisco router. Linksys is a very probable candidate.
13 In that case you may be able to blast the firmware and install OpenWRT and the
14 like. Check the chipset first for hardware compatibility to make sure you
15 won't brick it!
18 Regards,
19 Mick