From: John Dangler <jdangler@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] gpg
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 02:11:45
1 Ok. I found out that I have gpg setup right. I also know that if I enable
2 passphrases for sending mail, and don't use the gpg agent in enigmail, mail
3 works great!
4
5 However, the docs for enigmail also say that you can set "no passphrase for
6 this user" and set "use gpg agent for passphrase management", but that
7 borks.
8
9 Anyone tried this successfully?
10
11 As an OT question, I saw where you can upload your keys to a keyserver. Is
12 that the preferred method of validating/trusting others ?
13
14 John D
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: John Dangler [mailto:jdangler@××××××××.net]
19 Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2005 8:43 PM
20 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
21 Subject: [gentoo-user] gpg
22
23 I setup gpg and also set up enigmail to use my key and signature.
24 when I send an email message I get the following:
25 Error - bad passphrase
26 /usr/bin/gpg -charset utf8 -batch -no-tty -status-fd 2 -clearsign
27 -digest-algo sha1 -u jdangler@××××××××.net -passphrase-fd 0 -no-use-agent
28
29 gpg: skipped "<jdangler@××××××××.net>": bad passphrase
30
31 gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: bad passphrase
32
33 any input, as always, is greatly appreciated.
34
35 John D
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list