From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Howto unmask use flag
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2017 02:12:57
1 Hi,
2
3 how can I unmask a use flag masked in profiles/base/package.use.mask? If I set the flag for the package in /
4 etc/portage/package.use it is simply ignored.
5
6 Concrete example: My /etc/portage/package.use contains the line:
7
8 dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin:9 doc gentoo-vm source
9
10 However the flag 'gentoo-vm' is always ignored because it is masked in profiles/base/package.use.mask with
11 the line:
12
13 dev-java/oracle-jdk-bin:9 gentoo-vm
14
15 What's the proper procedure to unmask the flag locally?
16
17 (Yes, I know it is experimental and yes I know what I am doing with it. I already use eselect for older EA builds
18 of Java 9 with 1.9 slot and new EA builds of Java 10 - just not the "official" Java 9 from the tree.)
19
20 Cheers,
21 Jörg