From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 15:38:38
1 On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 11:24:09 -0400
2 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On 2013-07-31 8:41 AM, Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On 31/07/13 at 08:30am, Tanstaafl wrote:
6 > >> So, how should this be used to 'opt out of systemd completely'?
7 > >
8 > > from main make.conf
9 > > "Use this variable if you want to selectively prevent certain
10 > > files from being copied into your file system tree. .."
11 > >
12 > > You can use it to prevent ebuilds from installing unit files
13 > > or open-rc scripts from doing so (based on what you want to opt-out
14 > > of).
15 >
16 > Well, no offense, but that is gobbledy-greek to non programmers.
17 >
18 > I would have no idea *how* to 'prevent ebuilds from installing unit
19 > files...'.
20 >
21 > If this really is 'the one true way' to 'totally opt out of systemd',
22 > then in my opinion there should be a very thorough example of *how*
23 > to 'opt out of systemd' included in the man page.
24
25 I'd rather not see man make.conf cluttered with trivia, but maybe it
26 would be nice if there were a unified "choosing a system manager"
27 document which had recipes for avoiding the little files from other
28 systems.