From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge -avt xfce4-meta; haven't got startxfce4. Help, please!
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:10:37
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Possibly you installed something other than xfce4-meta?
4 >
5 > firefly ~ # emerge -ep xfce4-meta | grep xfce | grep utils
6 > [ebuild R ] xfce-base/xfce-utils-4.6.1
7 > firefly ~ #
8
9 I'm just seconding fireflys' report. I suspect xfce4 expects you to
10 be starting X from a system script under /etc/X11 somewhere instead of
11 startx. So may consider that method a secondary thing and therefor
12 not install xfce-base/xfce-utils by default. (just a guess)
13
14 I use the startx method too and don't recall doing anything special to
15 get it to work.
16
17 But maybe just installing or reinstalling xfce-base/xfce-utils will
18 take care of the problem.
19
20 Is xfce-base/xfce-utils already installed?