From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stuck on enabling drm for xorg-server.
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:33:26
1 James Homuth schrieb:
2 > I'm running Gentoo on a 5-year-old Presario 2200 series with onboard
3 > intel graphics card. I've managed to get everything working on it so
4 > far, with the exception of xorg+dri. I *think* I've compiled everything
5 > into the kernel that needs to be for intel's GMA graphics cards (I have
6 > an 852/855 card, if that helps you any). For testing purposes, I reboot
7 > the system, and modprobe all the modules I'm told I need to in order to
8 > get drm up and running (agpgart, intel-agp, drm, i915), but I still get
9 > "unable to open display" when I try to run glxinfo. The card itself is
10 > PCI, if that makes any kind of difference. I'm probably having an idiot
11 > moment (it *is* just now coming up on 6:00 in the morning over here), so
12 > I'm entirely open to the possibility I'm going entirely the wrong
13 > direction with this. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. It
14 > should be noted that, per an article on the gentoo wiki archive (the
15 > only one about intel GMA cards I could find), I've compiled both AGP
16 > support as well as DRM into the kernel, the former as a module
17 > (currently loaded, along with everything else mentioned above), in spite
18 > of the fact the card itself is PCI. If you need any further info, I'll
19 > be more than happy to provide it. Thank you in advance for anything you
20 > can tell me.
21
22 Is your user in the video group?
23
24 P.S.: There is such a thing we use here. It's called paragraph and helps
25 reading longer mails a lot. ;)