From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and HARD lock ups.
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 19:25:31
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I tried a different kernel. Same thing. I tried reseting the
4 > BIOS and lurking around in there for a bit as well. Same thing. So,
5 > right now I'm chewing on a emerge -e kde-meta. After I remembered the
6 > power failure the other day, I suspect a corrupt file somewhere. I'm
7 > just glad I have Fluxbox on here. I'm in it right now and it works
8 > OK. I just wish the little bar at the bottom was larger. So far,
9 > nothing I click changes that. Tough on my eyes too. Teeny tiny stuff
10 > down there. o_o
11 >
12 > Thinking back, I should have booted the CD and run file system
13 > checks. Crap, the one thing I didn't think of. < sighs >
14 >
15 > I still use Nvidia's driver here. it has worked well for me at
16 > least. I don't use any fancy hardware or play any serious games so it
17 > works well, so far at least. That may change next week. lol You
18 > know me. Something new pretty regular.
19 >
20 > I don't guess I use kdepim stuff. It's installed so who knows. Any
21 > relation to pam?
22 >
23 > Dale
24 >
25 > :-) :-)
28 Well, I got rid of openldap. It runs longer but still crashes so I am
29 back to Fluxbox again, which works fine. I also started with a fresh
30 .kde4 directory. That seemed to help more than anything else. It
31 lasted a LOT longer after that. I don't know if it was a coincidence or
32 what but it did lock up once when I logged into Konsole as root.
33
34 I started a emerge -e world this time. This thing has 4 cores so it
35 won't take to long. Any ideas on what else I can try? If this emerge
36 doesn't help, it has to be a config file somewhere.
37
38 Again, I'm pretty sure it is not hardware. It runs fine when compiling
39 in a console and I have run from systemrescue stick as well. Hardware
40 seems to work fine.
41
42 Ideas?
43