From: Gentoo User <usr.gentoo@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simplistic bash-script to manage package.use
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:42:07
1 Hi,
2
3 the question is: is it really necessary? If I want to add a new entry
4 into this file I just call echo "category/package myflags" >>
5 /etc/portage/package.use and if I want to edit them I just call my
6 favorite editor, use its search capabilities and change the line.
7 So I don't really see the benefit of a command line tool, since I
8 still need to write flags, package and everything and the tools I'm
9 using now (mostly echo, grep and vim) to do this are not very
10 complicated and most of the typing goes to the use flags and package
11 name anyway.
14 Just my opinion.
17 Best regards
18