From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with eth0 on new computer
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:14:00
1 On 10/13/05, Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I got a new computer yesterday. As I was installing Gentoo on it, I ran
4 > into a problem. I've got the basic install set up, but my eth0 won't
5 > start. It would with the liveCD. When I boot up with the live CD and
6 > run:
7 >
8 > dmesg | grep 'eth0" it gives me this output:
11 > e100: eth0: e100_probe: addr 0xff910000, irq 20, MAC addr
12 > 00:13:20:2B:98:18
13 > e100: eth0: e100_watchdog: link up, 100 Mbps, full-duplex
14 > eth0: no IPv6 routers present
17 Have you built your own kernel? If so, did you include support for this card
18 on it?
19 This seems to be the EtherExpressPro/100, right?
20 The relevant configuration on the kernel is either CONFIG_EEPRO100 or
21 CONFIG_E100.
22 Check that you have either built it into the kernel or as a module. I have
23 worked with the Becker drivers in the past, and they worked without a
24 problem.
27 Bruno Lustosa, aka Lofofora | Email: bruno@×××××××.net
28 Network Administrator/Web Programmer | ICQ: 1406477
29 Rio de Janeiro - Brazil |