From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No burners are currently available
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 20:35:59
1 On 12/18/14 21:20, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> [14-12-18 21:16]:
3 >> When I start Xfburn I get a message:
4 >> No burners are currently available
5 >> Possibly the disc(s) are in use, and cannot get accessed.
6 >>
7 >> How to check which program is using the DVD drive?
8 >> "ps fax" is not showing that any program is using it.
9 >>
10 >> --
11 >> Joseph
14 >Hi Joseph,
15 >
16 >Suppose /dev/dvd is the device in question do a
17 >
18 > fuser /dev/dvd
19 >
20 >to see, what is using the device.
21 >
22 >Another source for that kind of error messages are
23 >wrong permissions of the device, you (or better your
24 >account) is missing a certain group membership (group
25 >"cdrom", "cdrw" for example) or Xfburn exspects
26 >/dev/dvd (or something else) and udev has generated
27 >a more cryptic device name like /dev/sr0.
28
29 I've tried to burn a dvd from a command line:
30 cdrecord -v -eject -dao speed=4 dev=0,0,0 dvd.iso
31
32 but I got a generic error message that it is not possible.
33 running:
34 fuser /dev/sr0
35
36 come up with empty line, but Xfburn now can access the drive :-/
39 Joseph