From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xterms --featureRICH --suggestions?
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:19:27
1 On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:21:33 +0000 (UTC), Martin Vaeth wrote:
2
3 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I haven't used tmux for a while, I tried it and went back to screen,
6 > > but does it really show the titles of all sessions?
7 >
8 > On the hardstatus line you see in tmux all sessions
9 > with their numbers and "their" hardstatus line.
10
11 Maybe it's time to give tmux another go, but you won't get me away from
12 tabs :)
13
14 > > Screen only shows the current one.
15 >
16 > In tmux the hardstatus line is enabled by default.
17 > In screen you need to enable it. Of course, I forgot how I did
18 > this many years ago, but I suppose that the following two lines
19 > in my screenrc are responsible:
20 >
21 > hardstatus alwayslastline
22 > hardstatus string "%{= kg}%-Lw%{+b gy}%50>%n*%f %t%{-}%+Lw%<"
23
24 Yes, that is annoying, as is screen's use of Ctrl-A, which is why I
25 always add this to /etc/screenrc
26
27 escape ^bB
28 # Set the caption on the bottom line
29 caption always "%{= kw}%-w%{= BW}%n %t%{-}%+w %-= @%H - %LD %d %LM - %c"
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 Politicians are like nappies
36 Both should be changed regularly, and for the same reason