From: "Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)" <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: pdf viewer
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2015 15:08:05
1 On 2015-01-03, the <the.guard@××××.ru> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 03/01/15 08:15, lee wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> what do you as PDF viewer?
7
8 Most of the time, I use zathura with libmupdf; sometimes I will use evince
9 when I need to view documents with libpoppler, but evince is not my main
10 document viewer ever since GNOME started playing games with UI design.
11
12 Both zathura and evince allow me to see a wider range of documents
13 (including DeJaVU and Adobe PostScript), and also have a "reverse video"
14 feature.
15
16 > I was using evince, now moved to zathura. Both are as slow as hell
17 > though, so I'm open for faster alternatives.
18
19 Are you using zathura with libmupdf or with libpoppler? You can always
20 try one, then the other, and see which one do you prefer.
23 Nuno Silva (aka njsg)
24 Helsinki, Finland