From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: vbox vm no boot
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 23:45:48
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 > A Gentoo VM on a Linux host works fine here with the same setup. Let's
6 > examine the host settings first as that affects booting too.
7 >
8 > What settings do you have on the System and Storage tabs on the VBox
9 > host for that vm?
10
11 I guess the easiest is to post screen shots of those tabs:
12
13 www.jtan.com/~reader/vu2/disp.cgi
14
15 I did notice that on System tab the chipset is listed as piix3 and on
16 Storage Tab it shows `type' as PIIX4. At first there were no other
17 choices on the drop downs, so I assumed it was ok like that... now I
18 see the dropdown on Storage has gotten populated since I last tried
19 it.
20
21 I set it to match the System `chip' PIIX3... but still the same
22 failure.
23
24 Maybe those are not related to the problem?