From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gvim emerge problems
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:34:08
1 On Monday 26 February 2007 12:47:12 Stuart Howard wrote:
2 > I have commented out the ~* from /etc/portage/package,keywords on both
3 > gvim and vim, and the issue has gone away and all is well again.
4 > Though I admit I am a tad confuzzeled as to what the issue was.
5 > I thought wrongly that I had the latest ~* versions of both gvim and
6 > vim installed along with the appropriate vim-core, it turns out that I
7 > had stable but it was calling ~* due to the package,keywords file
8 > though I dont understand quite why the stable versions could not be
9 > updated to include all matching versions of gvim vim vimcore in
10 > testing?
11
12 It's not exactly clear to me what's so hard to understand here. You had gvim
13 and vim-core in your package.keywords in effect requesting version 7.0.201 of
14 both of those. You didn't have vim in package.keywords in effect requesting
15 7.0.174 of that. vim-7.0.174 depends on vim-core-7.0.174 which cannot coexist
16 with vim-core-7.0.201 as it isn't slotted.
17
18 That leaves two possible solutions. 1) Removing gvim and vim-core from
19 package.keywords as you seem to have done. 2) Adding vim to package.keywords.
20
21 PS: Please don't top-post.
24 Bo Andresen