From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] XEmacs build hangs loading update-elc.el
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:24:52
1 I'm trying to build XEmacs on my laptop (Hardened ~amd64), and it appears to
2 be stuck near the end trying to load and/or execute "update-elc.el" (it's
3 been on this step for approaching 6 hours now). This happens every time I
4 attempt to build xemacs (I've re-synched and restarted the build multiple
5 times.)
9 I thought it might be related to having PaX in my kernel, but when I
10 switched softmode on, the build actually segfaults almost immedately!
14 Is it supposed to be taking this long for this step, and if not, what can I
15 do to see why it's locked up?
19 The last thing on my screen is this:
23 <really long gcc linker command>
24
25 ./xemacs -nd -no-packages -batch -l
26 /var/tmp/portage/app-editors/xemacs-21.5.31/work/xemacs-21.5.31/src/../lisp/
27 update-elc.el
31 --Mike