From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage option "--changed-use" not working?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:29:27
1 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > In "man emerge" I read:
5 >
6 > --changed-use
7 > Tells emerge to include installed packages where USE flags have
8 > changed since installation. This option also implies the --selective
9 > option. Unlike --newuse, the --changed-use option does not trigger
10 > reinstallation when flags that the user has not enabled are added or
11 > removed.
12 >
13 > So I always include "--changed-use" when upgrading @world. But with
14 > the removal of kdeenablefinal I now get 150 reinstalls with
15 > changed-use. This seems to be contradicting the man page? Or am I
16 > misunderstanding things? Or did I misconfigure something? To be clear,
17 > I have never enabled kdeenablefinal.
18 >
19 > The full command I usually run is
20 >
21 > emerge --verbose --deep --with-bdeps=y --complete-graph --update
22 > --changed-use --keep-going world
23 >
24 > should that be relevant.
25 >
26 > Cheers,
27 > Hilco
32 Just to be clear, it was a dev that changed the kdeenablefinal flag. It
33 was sort of discussed on -dev. I think the dev that did it doesn't use
34 -N so it doesn't affect him and I guess he thinks it won't affect others
35 either.
36
37 Dale
38
42 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
43 how you interpreted my words!
44
45 Miss the compile output? Hint:
46 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"