From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Web mail suggestions...
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:48:08
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2 > Dave Nebinger schrieb:
3 >
4 >>Anybody out there able to point me to an existing open-source, solid
5 >>package?
8 > Horde
9
10 Horde caveats:
11
12 1. must have +nls in mod_php
13 2. must be using a mod_php of no later than 4.3.11
14 3. moronic default settings for folder names and imap namespace.
15
16 4. v2 vs. v3.
17 You have to decide between horde framework v2 and horde framework v3.
18 v2 just works, but isn't as fancy. v3 does all kinds of stuff and... if
19 you can spend the time to figure out how to turn it on. All v3 stuff is
20 ~x86 at the moment. Gentoo does make things a bit easier with slotting
21 and webapps-config.
22
23 5. Everything is a separate package
24 No really. If you've installed less than 4 packages you're probably
25 missing features you expected to have.
26
27 6. There is NO documentation.
28 As always there are number of decent posts in the Gentoo forums which
29 helped me muddle through most things. The qmail virt how-to also
30 explains some basic setup as well.
31
32 7. db is required
33 I'm actually not sure about this one. It appears that a db is needed to
34 do filtering. Since this is not working yet, I can't say for sure.
35
36 Can you guess which webmail package I've been attempting to subjugate
37 for the past couple of hours?
38
39 kashani
40 --