From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] man openssl
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 22:13:42
1 On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Flophouse Joe wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Jorge Almeida wrote:
4 >
5 >> I just noticed that I don't have a man page for openssl.
6 >> How can this be?
7 >
8 > I looked at the output of "equery files --filter=man openssl" and
9 > noticed that while the openssl package on my system contained *some*
10 > manpages, it certainly didn't contain a manpage for openssl(1). Since I
11 > didn't have any doc-like USE flags specified for the openssl package, I
12 > took a look at the contents of the openssl tarball.
13 >
14 > It looks like some of documentation is in perl's plain-old-documentation
15 > format under doc/apps/ . If you extract the tarball, you can view what looks
16 > like an openssl(1) manpage with
17 >
18 > perldoc /path/to/tarball/doc/apps/openssl.pod
19 >
20 > This documentation certainly seems like it ought to installed along with the
21 > openssl manpages. Does anyone know if it's been excluded purposefully? (If
22 > not, Jorge, it might be a good idea to submit a bug about it.)
23 >
24 I have access to a FC system, and, sure enough, there is a man page for
25 openssl. I hope it was a mistake.
26 Thanks, at least I'm relieved that it's not a problem with my system
27 (and I guess I must take a better look at equery).
28
29 Jorge
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list